Historic Preservation Commission
PurposeAs public stewards of the Davidson Historic District, the Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) has several powers and responsibilities. These include recommending to the Board of Commissioners the designation, or the removal, of historic district overlay zoning; granting requests for proposed changes within the historic district that are congruous with state, federal, and local governments in pursuance of its responsibilities; and conducting meetings or hearings necessary to carry out these roles.
- The HPC meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m., immediately following the Design Review Board meeting. All meetings are open to the public.
- Davidson Town Hall Board Room
216 S. Main Street
Davidson, NC 28036
- Staff Liaison: Lindsay Laird, Planner (email@example.com)
MinutesBoard meeting minutes are available in NOVUS Agenda.
AgendaThe Historic Preservation Commission will meet on July 17, 2019 immediately following the 7:00pm Design Review Board meeting in the Board Room at Town Hall. The agenda may be found on NOVUS Agenda. Agendas are posted one week prior to the regularly scheduled meeting. Please refer to our Development Projects page for major projects. There are no COA cases for the month of July.
- Sign Application: should be utilized for signage within the local historic district. Approval for signage shall be obtained prior to installation. Reference Sections 11, 14.12 and 22 of the ordinance for additional information.
- Certificate of Appropriateness (COA): required prior to beginning any project/s in the local historic district. A COA can be obtained from the Historic Preservation Commission (HPC). Reference Sections 14.12 and 22 of the ordinance for additional information.
- Application, fee and all required materials, drawings and documentation for new major projects and large-scale renovations must be received four weeks prior to the meeting date, if no informational review (FYI) is required. An FYI review is encouraged for all larger projects.
- Application, fee and all required materials, drawings and documentation for new major projects and large-scale renovations must be received three weeks prior to the meeting date for an FYI review.
- All required materials, drawings and documents for cases that are continued from previous meetings or presented to the HPC for verification of conditions must be received three weeks prior to the meeting date.
- Application, fee and all required materials, drawings and documentation for signs in the local historic district, minor renovations, consent items and informational review only items must be received three weeks prior to the meeting date.