Finance & Budget
The Finance Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining an accounting and reporting system in accordance with NC General Statutes, federal laws and regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. We manage all aspects of the town’s finances to ensure financial stability and responsible stewardship, adhering to principles of integrity, quality, collaboration, and customer service.
Monthly financial dashboards summarize cash positions and cash flows, as well as compare revenues and expenditures to current year budget and prior fiscal year. An annual independent audit is performed on the town’s financial statements for the fiscal year which ends June 30.
Monthly Financial Dashboards
- FY 21-22 Dashboard (May 31, 2022)
- FY 20-21 Monthly Dashboard (June 2021 Unaudited)
- FY 19-20 Monthly Dashboard (June 2020 Unaudited)
- FY 18-19 Monthly Dashboard (June 2019 Preliminary Unaudited)
- FY 17-18 Monthly Dashboards to present (Final)
- FY 16-17 Monthly Dashboards to present (Final)
- FY 15-16 Monthly Dashboards to present (Final)
Audited Financial Statement
- FY 2021 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2020 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2019 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2018 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2017 Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- FY 2016 Financial Statement
The town operates under an annual balanced budget ordinance. The annual budget, developed after careful consideration, levies taxes and allocates resources in a manner that effectively reflects the priorities of the governing body.
Property taxes are assessed at a rate which is applied to every $100 of property value. All Property was revalued in Mecklenburg and Iredell Counties with an effective date of January 1, 2019, which affected the property tax bills distributed beginning in July, 2019.
- Effective for FY2020, the Town of Davidson tax rate is $0.29 per $100 of assessed property value. The chart below is based on our FY 2022 approved budget:
- Effective in FY2020, the Mecklenburg County tax rate is $0.6169 per $100 of assessed property value.
- Iredell County tax rate is $0.5275 per $100 of assessed property value.
To calculate your tax bill, take the value of your property, divide by 100, and multiply by the corresponding tax rate or rates above.
- FY2021-2022 Budget Booklet
- FY2021-2022 Budget Ordinance
- FY2021-2022 Fee Schedule - Effective July 1, 2021
- FY 2020 - 2021 Approved Budget Booklet
- FY 2020 - 2021 Budget Ordinance
- FY 2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan (Amended October, 2021)
- FY 2020 - 2021 Fee Schedule
- 2019-2020 Approved Budget
- 2019-2020 Budget Ordinance
- 2019-2020 Fee Schedule
- 2018-2019 Approved Budget
- 2018-2019 Budget Ordinance
- 2018-2019 Fee Schedule
- 2017-2018 Approved Budget
- 2017-2018 Budget Ordinance
- 2017-2018 Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Mecklenburg County Storm Water Fees