The Towns of Davidson and Cornelius proudly present the
40th Annual North Mecklenburg Holiday Parade
Parade Participant Information
Line up information will be sent out and posted here Monday November 21, 2022.
Click Links Below for Maps
Line-up takes place between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Any vehicle that arrives before 10:00 a.m. must have the driver on site. All parade participants must be in their assigned position no later than 12:00 p.m. All streets will be close no later than 12:30 p.m., with some streets in the staging area closed earlier. Please see the attached map for position instructions. Staff will be on-hand to assist you in finding your assigned spot.
Inclement Weather Information:
The parade will go on, rain or shine. However, in case of severe weather conditions, please go to the town's Facebook page or call the weather hotline at 704-940-9637 for information. This line will be updated at 9:00 a.m. on December 3.
Main Street (Hwy 115), from Beaty St. in Davidson to Washam-Potts Road in Cornelius, will be closed from 12:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Additionally in Davidson:
Griffith Street (from Beaty St. to North Main St.) will be closed from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please look for detour signs to connecting roads to Hwy 115. Jackson Street will be closed at 10:00 a.m. from Depot Street to N. Main Street. Watson Street will be closed at 10:00 a.m. from Depot Street to Delburg Street. For alternate routes, or additional information, please contact the Davidson Police department.
Additionally in Cornelius:
Catawba Avenue will be shut down prior to Hwy. 115 (Intersection of Main Street), and tractor trailers will not be permitted east of Hwy. 21 on Catawba Avenue. For alternate routes, or additional information, please contact the Cornelius Police Department.
If you have any questions not addressed here, please contact the Davidson Parks & Recreation Department at 704-892-3349 or email@example.com.
Rules and Guidelines
- DO NOT have Santa or Mrs. Claus on your float as Santa will be on the last entry.
- All vehicles and floats must be decorated in a winter holiday theme.
- Parade Entries wishing to distribute gifts, merchandise, literature, or other items along the line of march must have adequate personnel to hand the items to spectators individually. Persons MUST wear a mask when handing out items. For the safety of everyone, objects may not be thrown into the crowd (absolutely nothrowing candy).
- Soliciting during the event is prohibited.
- Only parade participants are allowed in the staging area.
- Please keep at least 40 Feet (4 Car Lengths) between entries on the parade route keep distance and do not stop.
- Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The parade committee reserves the right to prohibit costumes, banners, flags, signs, logos or any other props or materials it deems inappropriate.
- All walking units must continue moving forward during the parade. Stopping to perform is not permitted.
- Go-carts, skateboards, bicycle riders must wear helmets.
- All motor vehicles or trailers, motorcycles & mopeds must have current tags and appropriate insurance coverage.
- Participants riding on floats, vehicles or any moving entry may not get off or on once the entry begins moving. Participants are either on or off the entry for the entire period of the parade.
- Only participants/groups who have been issued a parade number may march in the parade.
- Vendors must be permitted by the Town of Davidson and/or the Town of Cornelius and may not set up in the roadway.
- In the event of an emergency on the parade route, all participants are asked to move to the right side of the street (southbound lane) to allow emergency services to pass in the left (northbound) lane.
- All Parade Entries with animals are responsible for cleaning up after their animals in the staging area, along the Parade route and properly disposing of all animal waste
- Floats cannot exceed 13 feet in height or 16 feet in width.
- A fire extinguisher must be on board each float/vehicle
- ALL participants must have a mask readily available. and follow CDC/NCDHHS COVID guidelines
- No political signs or hate speech allowed
- Disclaimer: The Parade Committee reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove any and all individuals, groups, vehicles, floats, motorcycles, or participants of any kind from entering or continuing along the Parade route for any reason, including but not limited to, safety, perceived condition, failure to comply with Parade Staff instructions, any action(s) that may cause a delay in the Parade, and/or any violation of the rules and regulations set out in this document. The Parade Committee will continue to monitor CDC and NC COVID guidelines and make appropriate modifications as needed, up to and including cancellation of the parade if necessary.